Welcome to Filo Furniture. This policy explains how we handle and use your personal information and your rights in relation to that information. Under the GDPR of May 2018, Filo Furniture is a subsidiary of Shine Mount Ltd is the controller of that information.
Shine Mount Ltd (“Filo Furniture”& or “Shine Mount”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes the way we handle and use the personal information that we obtain from all the different interactions you may have with us as a business, including when you visit our stores, social media pages or website currently located at www.thewhitecompany.com or when you contact us.
Shine Mount Ltd is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Shine Mount decides why and how your personal information is processed. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We'll notify you of any significant changes, but you're welcome to check it whenever you wish.
may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We'll notify you of any significant changes, but you're welcome to check it whenever you wish.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our stores, Site, and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU – IN STORE, ONLINE, BY PHONE, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND EMAIL:
• Your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address);
• Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our stores or when using our Site or social media pages;
• Details of your orders and purchases;
• Your marketing preferences;
• The opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys and product reviews;
• Any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
• Your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information (see further Your rights in relation to your personal information)
• Details of any transactions between you and us;
• Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre and information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue;
• Your payment card details and, in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details;
• The frequency of your use of vouchers, shopping codes and gift cards;
• Footage of you on CCTV;
When you visit our Site we automatically collect:
• The frequency of your voucher, shopping code usage;
• Details of your use of our Site namely traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our Site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
• The date and time you used our Site;
• The pages you visited on our Site and how long you visited us for;
• The website address from which you accessed our website;
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons when we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so and to process your personal information depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy.
You will only receive email from us if we have obtained your contact details in the course of a sale or negotiation of our products or services, and you have subscribed to receiving such direct email from us. Of course, we will only use your contact details to send you marketing emails that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us, and you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time. We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
We use your personal information to contact you via email, online or by post (as you have indicated) with marketing information about our products, events, product launches, exciting offers and services.
You may choose to unsubscribe from receiving the marketing information from us at any time. Please see Your rights over your personal information for further details.
2.1 WHERE NECESSARY TO COMPLY WITH OUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
• To keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information.
• To take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law.
• To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
2.2 WHERE NECESSARY FOR US TO PURSUE A LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
• Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns;
• For analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance your visitor experience;
• To tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes;
• To fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us;
• To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other online platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
• To send you an electronic communication if you have closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested information of interest;
• To send you electronic marketing information after you have purchased a product or service from us, made a purchasing enquiry or requested information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own similar products and services, which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
• To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our Site or social media or other electronic communications
• In some cases, we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications;
• Processing necessary for us to support you with your enquiries;
• To respond to correspondence, you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us;
• Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and the needs of our Customers;
• To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our Site, social media pages and stores are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally);
• To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer;
• For product development purposes;
• Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively;
• To administer our Site, and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes;
• For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
• To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor;
• For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
• To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
• For the purposes of corporate restructure or reorganisation or sale of our business or assets;
• For efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you;
• To enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings;
• To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies;
• For other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
2.3 WHERE NECESSARY FOR US TO COMPLETE ORDERS AND RUN COMPETITIONS
We will use your personal information where this is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to carry out any pre-contract steps you’ve asked us to so that you can enter into that contract, for the following purposes:
• To process your payment card or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund;
• To process, fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us and deliver your order;
• To run our competitions and promotions that you enter from time to time and to distribute prizes;
2.4 WHERE PROCESSING IS IN YOUR VITAL INTERESTS
We will use your personal information where this is in your vital interest to notify you of any product recall issues.
2.5 MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS:
If you have requested to receive marketing information from us, we may use your personal information to contact you by email, online or by post to notify you of special offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services. We try to adapt any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your profile settings from within your account.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes.